Sunday, April 19, 2009

singing contest

last weeks, our church held singing competition.
it should be for groups, which includes: grandma/pa+parents+children.
actually, in the first place, it was my mom in law who's willing to participate in this competition. she insisted us to participate, and we're OK, for her sake only. and also because my daughter, helena, likes to sing, so we think this is gonna be a chance for her.
but later, my mom in law is chosen to be one of the judge, so she cant join the competition.
and the rules changed, the groups include parents and children only. and this made me worry. I dont want to participate anymore, you know, I am no good in such performance. its better to ask me to speech or pray in front of the audience than singing, (well... except in karaoke room, I mean). I mean, it only three of us to stand there in front of the audience to sing, my hubby, me and my daughter, and its a little bit scary for me, for i think its much more saver if my parents in law included, the more the merrier.

but the grandma already intentionally taught the song to my daughter. we become the representative of our sector. so we cant step back no more.
until last minute, I still try to ask my hubby to cancell our participation. but he said no, for several reasons. i have no self confident at all. i am sure we'll fail.
until the day of the competition, i still dont memorize the lyrics yet and also has no rehearsal with my team.

maybe, just half an hour, before we go to church, the three of us do rehearsal, and helena also, even still cant memorize the song well either, but the only person who still stays calm and confident is my hubby. thats the reason we still go on.

all i have to do is to prepare our costumes. helena and I wear the same type of pink blouse, and matching it with my hubby pink ham. we go to church, and while waiting for the contest to be started, I pray stupidly, hope that we fail this contest, because if we win, we have to perform again in front of all the church attendee next week on sunday service. so scaryyyyy...

and then its our turn. suddenly I feel so calm, no heart beat or nervous, just let it flow, I think. we stand in front of the audience, and helena between me and her pap. i took the mike and gave one to helena, but guess what's happened!

helena suddenly got nervous and refused to sing, and all she did is just hiding behind my skirt, and the only persons who sang is me and my hubby (actually only my hubby sang the sing because I cant help laughed while holding helena behind me).

we've totally messed it up.
and guess, I felt relief.
we lose it actually. we failed.
but I feel relief.

at least we tried.

then, later I asked why helena refused to sing.
she said, she suddenly got nervous to see the audience stared at her.
well I guess its just because we didn't practise it well, because helena get used to sing with her sunday schools friends and never got nervous like this.

or maybe its because of me, hahahaha....

No comments:

Post a Comment