Saturday, May 23, 2009

Helena's third trophy

Finally we were there.
The singing competition on family gathering at Helena's school.
You know, if this is not about Helena, I'll surely say no to participate, moreover Helen's Pap also couldn't participate since he has to go to work, on saturday!

The most ridiculous things happened this morning. We woke up and I forgot that today's the day of the singing contest. I thought it's still next week. So I relaxed like other saturday morning, lay down with my son watching baby TV and just realized it when Papa asked why I didnt get shower yet, and I said why should I,
and Helen said:
'because today we'll sing in my school'.

Oh my God, Oh my God...
Thats all I can say.
It's already 7 am and I haven't take bath or breakfast, and the contest will be started at 7.30.

Panicly I rushed to do everything like 'kesetanan', and I did it, get ready at 7.20, and we rushed to the school. We arrived there 7.35! And guess what!!!!

We are the first participant who came!

Great! So sweet!
What a morning. A fast and furious morning of mine.

Like the other singing competition (at the church, see my last post), we didn't practised/rehearsed it properly. Only once yesterday, singing together, me and helena, and haven't prepare the choreograph yet. I dont know where was my mind, I thought it's still next week so I thought we still have ample time to do preparation. So stupid mom!

And because Helena was so eager to get the trophy, I was so scared that she would fail, and this time I keep praying that God will grant her/us the trophy, even though it's only juara harapan tiga or something, I mean, the least 'll be just fine for me. I was so worry that Helen will be disappoint if she couldnt get the trophy.

And as we performed, we only shows the simple choreograph and Helen's voice wasn't too loud because there was no microphone usage. That made me sure we wont win the contest.
But after watched all participants (12 teams), I was a bit sure we'll get the trophy, although maybe not the first until third place.

After the contest, when coffee break, Helena goes forward and trying to pick up the trophy which is lying on the table.
"No, no," I said, "Dont touch them."
"I want to be number one," Helena said.
"Later, later, wait please..." I said.
And the worries attacked me again.
Please God, please... Please give her one... Pleaseeee...

And when the time comes, the judge calls for the winners.
I'm waiting in harap-harap cemas...
Juara harapan tiga and dua already called. And I still hope we'll get the third place.
But, then the judge called for NUMBER 7!
That's our team number.
I run to find Helena who's playing jigsaw with her friends on the side of the school.
She run to realize that she'll get the trophy.
Thank God, I said silently. Felt relief.
Juara harapan satu is not that bad.

Helena received the trophy and said proudly to her friend, "Gue dong juara harapan satu."
And her friend replied, "Aku juara tiga!"
And I whispered to Helena's ears, "Sayang, kita juara empat. Juara harapan satu itu artinya juara empat."
And Helena looked at my eyes protested.
"Kan juara satu, Ma..."
"Juara Harapan satu, Sayang. Harapan satu. Juara tiga lebih tinggi daripada juara harapan satu."
And she showed her disappointment expression.

"Kapan ada lomba lagi, aku mau dapat piala lagi," said Helena later after the contest over.
"Later," I answered.
"When, when, when..." that's all she said, almost makes me crazy.

OMG. I'm afraid she's gonna be a trophy addict.

What a day. A fast and furious day.Kayak judul film aja.
I mean today selain fisik, jantung gue juga ikut marathon.

But that's alright.
Helena finally got her third trophy.

Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment