Friday, May 29, 2009

Mountain

last week, suddenly Helena used this word a lot.
"MANDIRI"
when we're otw back home from mall, when I warned her to have bath, she said suddenly:
"Sure, I will. Aku kan sudah 5 thn, aku harus mandiri."
all of us laughed and stared to each other and holding our smile.
"Emang mandiri itu apaan, sayang?" I asked, and my hubby smiled.
"Makan sendiri, mandi sendiri, pake baju sendiri, sekolah sendiri. ntar mbak gak usah anter aku sekolah lagi."
really? again me and hubby stared to each other.
"Who told u that?" i asked again.
"Miss, at school, after my birthday," she answered.
"Really, you'll be mandiri? makan sendiri and mandi sendiri from now on?" i asked.
"Sure," helena answered.
"good, lets see."
and the days after, when I called her from office, she said she wore he clothes by herself.
Good, I said.
but, others still the same. takes time, I guess.

today, when we're watching television, she saw the advertisement of MOUNT TEA beverage.
I want it, she shouted.
Later, we'll buy, I said.
and I asked, "Do you know whats that words meaning, 'mount' tea?"
suddenly helena started to think, and start singing.
"I will follow Him..."
When I follow her song, she asked me to be silent. i dont get what she's doing.
she continued singing...
"I will follow Him wherever He may go, there isnt a mountain too ..."
And then she shouted!
"Mountain!"
Oh God! I was shocked and amazed! i just realized that she's trying to memorize that vocabulary, mount, by remembering the song.
"Mountain, Mom, not mount," she said. "I know mountain, not mount. means gunung, right?"
I try to explain, but I felt glad for her.

Story moral is:
One best way to memorize vocabulary is by memorizing song lyrics.

Berlaku utk semua bahasa, I think.
Bahasa batak juga. jd kalo mau makin fasih, sering2 aja nyanyi lagu di buku ende. hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment