Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blackberry? No, thanks!

When Helena celebrated her 5th birthday, I asked her, what kind of present she expected. She said, handphone.
No, I said. You're too small to have your own cellphone.
Then her Pap planned to buy CDMA phone for his personal, and it crossed to my mind to buy helena one, because the price is low, and communicating between the CDMA is free of charge. But I dont buy it yet. Maybe later.

And then we go to ITC, (also one of the maid wanted to buy new handphone for herself). We saw several types of HP and once my hubby said, "Look, blackberry's price decreased already, dont u wanna buy?"
I answered, "No."
Why?
Why should I? I dont really need it.

Three functions I needed most in a cellphone are:
1. Communication
2. Camera/Video
3. Radio/Music

I heard Blackberry type is not reccomended for picture quality. And for email, I'm able to be online at home and office anytime. So why should I use blackberry, just because it's now happening? Furthermore, I use public transportation everyday, and once lost my HP, stolen by the thief on the bus. I dont wanna lose any expensive HP nomore.
Such a waste.

Next week Helena's school will be on vacation. From long time ago, Helena already asked to go to the beach or waterboom.
I said waterboom is too big for her, and we'll find the smaller one.
She protested, "But, Mom, You or Papa can hold me while sliding, rite?"
"Yes, but the water is too deep. I cant swim, you know."
She was just knitting her face, tried to understand.
I know she is just too excited because she watched the advertisement of disneyland too much on the television.

Talking about swimming, last time when we're on the swimming pool at the housing area, I was a little bit surprised to realize that I was the only mature woman who wore swimming suit, I mean, the "open" clothes. I saw that other women even wore the closed "moslem" swimming suits, no wonder the expatriates alias bule2 gendut who's swimming with us keep on looking at me. Or it's just my feeling, hahaha...
Tau gitu gue pake celana pendek sama tank top aja deh, hehehe. Rugi rasanya 'buka2an' di depan umum, sendirian pula, udah kayak exhibition...

Yesterday, is the first time helena put her signature, on the registration of her next class. She was so excited and proud and happy to do the signature, like she were a big and important person, hahaha... "Mana, Ma, dimana aku tanda tangannya...?" she asked. She put her signature, which is her name written in small character. So amusing.

And guess what, on the registration form, there's a column to be filled:
'Student's cellphone number'.
Hah! So intimidating. No wonder Helena asked me to buy her HP, since her friends already had.
Come on, she's just five years old...!

What a circumstance influence!

No comments:

Post a Comment