Monday, June 8, 2009

Promise to a kid

Helena said, one day,
"Mom, 'RET' means merah, also means tikus. Why does it have to be same word?"
"Same reading way but different writing," I answered. "RED and RAT."

And yesterday, when I came home late, I found her slept and her body was warm.
I called her few hours before and also asked the maid what's a matter, and the maid said nothing happened.
I believe something has happened that made her body suddenly hot, and finally guessed maybe it's just because of the hard rain today.
Then I gave her medicine, changed her clothes, and wrapped her with blanket.

She felt better, not so long after that, and she said wanna watch TV while waiting Pap come home, there's Barney show.
Helena then told me that tomorrow she will be a leader for UPACARA sekolah, as a conductor for Indonesia Raya song and PANCASILA reading.
She even surprised me by mentioning the five pasal of Pancasila exactly! she memorize it well! WOW.

Then, there's a confession. Unexpectedly.
"Mom, will u promise not to be angry if I tell you the truth, that I was playing in Hana's swimming pool this afternoon."
Oh. I knew it. No wonder she got cold suddenly, since, when I called her in the afternoon, she was just fine and cheer up. I thought she played under the rain.
"I promise. But promise me not to do such things nomore, ok?" I replied. "See, when you do something like that, it's bad, and you became sick. After all, please be honest to tell me everything ok? Please ask my permittion before going out, or do something risky, ok?"
"OK, Mom," she said, relief. "And please dont tell Papa, ok?"
I said OK. And then she went to bed.
Few hours later, Pap is came home, and I told him all.
"Please dont tell her about this, somehow she told me honestly," I said.
Pap is just laughed.

But this morning, when I was taking bath, I heard Pap voice from outside of the room.
"Helen, I heard that yesterday you played on water, is that true?"
And I panicly yell out from the bathroom. "PAAAP, DONT TALK ABOUT THAT, PLEASEEEE!!!!"

And after that I hear no more my hubby's voice talking 'bout that matter. He might be only keceplosan. How could he forgot my word last nite. I am afraid it will make Helen dont trust me nomore.
Then I heard my hubby said, "Mom said that today you'll lead the kids in upacara bendera. I wanna hear about pancasila, can you mention them to me?"
And reliefly I heard Helena mentioned Pancasila's and rehearsed the way that she will become a conductor.
Even I can't see from the bathroom, I can imagine her gesture, she just swaying her hands up and down like a fan.
Hahaha.

Moral of the story is, please keep your promise, even to a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment